About the course
Asian College of Teachers offers 120-hour in-class TEFL course for TEFL aspirants with a passion for teaching as well as travelling. Those interested will find it very interesting to be part of the cosmopolitan city life for their in-class TEFL course. This course aims at acquainting aspirants with the latest approaches and techniques of teaching English to ESL/EFL learners ranging from young learners to adults. The 3-week TEFL course in Mumbai will help the candidates learn ESL or EFL teaching methodologies while exploring the beautiful city of dreams which never sleeps. The extensive curriculum includes topics such as classroom management, lesson planning, etc. which prepares aspirants to become competent English teachers and succeed as an ESL or EFL teacher.
Live Online TEFL
If you are willing to get certified in TEFL but is not-so-willing to travel near or far, ACT offers Live Online TEFL in a webinar format comprising interactive sessions that are held virtually with active participation exclusively by an online audience in the presence of an experienced trainer. ACT has come up with the TEFL webinar program to cater to aspiring TEFLers across the globe and provide them with the opportunity to attend classes on TEFL and have live interaction with our facilitators as well as with their peers, collaborate in activities with the use of video conferencing technology. For more details, contact our career counsellors.
Dates for Live Online Classes
|In-class||Coming soon||9:30 am - 5:30 pm||3 weeks|
- Introduction to TEFL
- Language Learning Approaches
- Experiencing learning a Foreign language
- Theatre in language learning
- Context setting
- Classroom management
- Young learners
- Lesson planning
- Multiple Intelligences
- Adult Learners
- Bloom's Taxonomy
- Creating lesson plans catering to listening and speaking
- Lesson plans based on reading and writing skills
- Lessons catering to all the 4 skills and a grammar component innovatively integrated
- 21st Century Teaching Skills
- VOLT - Virtual Online Training
- Micro Teaching
- Teaching Grammar
- Error Correction
- Music in language Learning
- Assessing Learning outcomes
Eligibility and Course Fee
- Aspiring teachers from any background can apply
- All are welcome irrespective of age, sex, race or nationality
- The course can be obtained at a reasonable price of Rs 40000 INR
- Reasonable accommodation fee needs to be paid separately
- Easy payment method
A/C and non A/C accommodations are available for the three weeks program and the candidates applying can select their accommodations according to their requirement and convenience. Basic facilities like television and internet are also available at a reasonable price. Accommodation will be provided near the training centre at the heart of the city to reduce the hassle of a lengthy commute.
Teaching and Learning Modes
- The duration of the course is of 3 weeks, covering 120 hours
- Course is conducted in in-class mode
- Candidates will get Teaching Practice sessions in local schools
Mumbai is one of the biggest metropolitans which is constantly evolving and known as the commercial and financial hub of India. Mumbai's business opportunities, as well as its potential to offer a better standard of living, attract people from all over India, making the city a melting pot of many communities and cultures. The city has a glamorous side with its colourful nightlife and inimitable Bollywood. Food, fashion and entertainment combined with hard work are the highlights of the city. The capital city of Maharashtra shows great strength in standing up against all odds from time to time.
Completion of a TEFL course in Mumbai will provide the aspirant with a variety of career prospects across the world. ESL/ EFL teachers are highly in demand places like Thailand, Vietnam, China, Japan, South Korea, Middle East, Taiwan etc. In particular, EFL teachers are in high demand in Asian nations as the vacancy for English teachers is quite adequate. EFL teachers are paid good and handsome packages with added benefits. Depending on the country, teachers are often found to save half of their remuneration and are often paid for their vacations. Teaching English overseas provides more opportunities than any other field for EFL teachers from all walks of life and all backgrounds to live, work and travel abroad in foreign countries across the globe.
Accreditation and Certification
- ACT TEFL courses are accredited by the world's largest TESOL accreditation body TESOL Canada & TESOL USA.
- All TEFL courses are accredited by International Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (QAHE)
- TEFL Courses from ACT are also accredited by CPD Certification Service UK
- All ACT courses are endorsed by NCC, an awarding organisation and a global provider of British education