About the course
International Teaching Diploma in Early Childhood Care, Pre & Primary, Montessori, Nursery and Special Education Needs (SEN) is a program designed to fulfill the dreams of teaching aspirants who have a dream to teach globally.
The course focuses on enhancing the skills and efficiency required to be a proficient teacher and teach confidently in any classroom around the world. The course educates the learner about the various student-oriented teaching techniques and activities that will increase both the confidence and competency level of the aspiring teachers and prepare them for the modern contemporary classrooms suitable for 21st-century learners. The in-class course also includes Montessori and Nursery Teachers Training particularly designed for international classrooms. The course also offers the candidates the additional benefit of appearing for the prestigious Teaching Knowledge Test (TKT) offered by Cambridge University.
TKT or Teaching Knowledge Test is an examination conducted by Cambridge to evaluate and identify the basic teaching skills of candidates. There are three modules in the test; after successful completion of each, the candidates will receive a certificate from the prestigious Cambridge University.
The test is ideal for modern day teachers who are interested in evolving into competent educators for learners across the globe.
After appearing for the examination, you will know where you stand as an educator and accordingly upgrade yourself.
Moreover, the certificate that the candidates receive from Cambridge, needless to say, will add an extra leverage to the candidates and make them stand out from the rest of the crowd who merely possess a teachers training certificate.
Holding a Cambridge certificate will increase your scope of work in some of the best educational institutions on this planet and help you achieve a career of your dreams.
The Specialized courses offered with the International Teaching Diploma course by Asian College of Teachers offers the opportunity to aspirants to hone their skills in global teaching and assist students with varied capabilities. It offers specialization in Pre and Primary, Montessori and Nursery Teachers Training. The in-class course is available in full-time mode, which can be availed by the candidates.
Eligibility and Course Fee
- Both aspiring and experienced teachers can apply
- 10+2 is the minimum eligibility criterion for applying
- The full-time course is reasonably priced at Rs.35, 000 (inclusive of all taxes)
- Payment can be made in instalments.
Teaching and Learning Modes
- The course is available in in-class mode
- The course can be completed in 140 hours (120 hours + 20 hours teaching practice) Class timing - 9:30 am - 5:30 pm
- Candidates can avail the benefit of teaching practice sessions
Inclass ITD Dates
- Coming soon
International Teaching Diploma
1. Principles of early childhood education:
- Understanding child and childhood
- Characteristics of young learner
- Child psychology
- Early childhood curriculum
- Programme Planning
2. Development of primary education
- Principles of education
3. Educational Psychology – Theories of learning
- Connectionism Field theory
4. Pedagogical approaches
- Dr. Maria Montessori – principles of Montessori Method
- Frederich Frobel – Kindergarten method
- Difference between Montessori and kindergarten method
- Exercises of practical life – EPL
- Sensorial activities
- Language development through storytelling
5. Health, Nutrition and Safety
6. Activities for Young Learner
7. Project based learning and related craft ideas
- Types of learners and related activities based on theories of early childhood education
- Preparing worksheets as a learning tool
- Importance and types of play
9. Development of Number concepts – numeracy
10. Development of language and literacy
11. Development of five senses and environment
12. Monitoring and assessment of learning process
13. Strategies for differentiated learning
14. Classroom and disaster management
15. Lesson planning and instructional strategies
16. Resource management for developing teaching aids
17. Teacher or Facilitator: Reflective practice
18. Contemporary classroom:
- Thematic learning
- Digital learning
19. Child, parent and school
20. Understanding Learning Disabilities
21. Identifying Students with LDs
22. Learning the Right Teaching Strategies
23. Helping Students with Reading Comprehension Problems
24. Helping Students with Math Reasoning and Calculation Problems
25. Understanding Students with ADHD
26. ADHD and Activity Level
27. The Emotional Impact of ADHD
28. Classroom Beliefs and Rules
29. Understand the Common Characteristics of HFA/AS
30. Down Syndrome
Admission and Support Services
- ACT's has an easy and simple admission process
- You can choose an online method for payment.
- Application form can be submitted online
- The candidates will be contacted via mail or over the phone by ACT’s admission department.
- One can make payment through any of the options available (by using a debit/credit card or by depositing cash, cheque, or demand draft in ACT's bank account)
- Tutor support is available throughout the course.
- Once you complete the course, the teaching practice session is mandatory.
The main focus of the International Teaching Diploma course by Asian College of Teachers is to prepare the aspirants with skills that are important to teach kids globally. After the successful completion of the ITD course comprising specializations in pre and primary, Montessori, and nursery teachers' training, multiple job opportunities will come your way from various corners of the world.
The course is also useful to those who are looking to begin their career in the field of Montessori and Nursery Education as an entrepreneur or to get involved in the pre and primary education sector. Moreover, the Cambridge Certificate will give the candidates an extra boost to their career leading to several opportunities in the global education sector whereby they can also work as Course Coordinator, Curriculum Developer, and Consultants in relation to schools and other educational bodies.
Accreditation and Certification
- The candidates will receive a globally recognized certificate from Asian College of Teachers.
- ITD Program is accredited by World Certification institute (WCI)
- All ACT courses are accredited by International Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (QAHE)
- ACT is a member of CPD Certification Service
- All ACT courses are endorsed by Training Qualifications UK (TQUK)
- ACT is an organizational member of Childhood Education International(CEI)
- ACT holds membership of European Association for International Education (EAIE)
- All ACT courses are endorsed by NCC, an awarding organisation and a global provider of British education.