About the course
In India, the training program is conducted by ACT in all the major cities, including Pune, also known as the ‘Queen of the Deccan’. Our TEFL program focuses on instilling a sense of confidence in the aspirants with hands on practical lessons in the classroom techniques of EFL teaching. The program also comprises of important topics like lesson planning, classroom management and evaluation skills among other key other aspects.
Live Online TEFL
ACT’s Live Online TEFL Course has been designed for aspirants looking to get certified in TEFL but are unwilling to commute or travel amidst a raging pandemic. The program allows trainees to interact with their trainers and peers over a virtual platform via video conferencing technology. The live online classes aim to provide trainees with a simulated classroom experience which they can attend from anywhere across the globe. It will acquaint them with the know-how of EFL/ESL teaching and develop their skills while interacting virtually with peers and trainers as they develop their competencies as skilled TEFL educators.
Dates for Live Online Classes
|In-class||Coming soon||9:30 am - 5:30 pm||3 weeks|
|Live-online||14th March - 20th April 2022
26th March - 11th June 2022
|2 pm - 5 pm
10 am - 1 pm
|1.5 - 2 months
- Introduction to TEFL
- Language Learning Approaches
- Experiencing learning a Foreign language
- Theatre in language learning
- Context setting
- Classroom management
- Young learners
- Lesson planning
- Multiple Intelligences
- Adult Learners
- Bloom's Taxonomy
- Creating lesson plans catering to listening and speaking
- Lesson plans based on reading and writing skills
- Lessons catering to all the 4 skills and a grammar component innovatively integrated
- 21st Century Teaching Skills
- VOLT - Virtual Online Training
- Micro Teaching
- Teaching Grammar
- Error Correction
- Music in language Learning
- Assessing Learning outcomes
TEFL Course Mumbai (Inclass)
Eligibility and Course Fee
- Aspiring teachers from any background can apply
- All are welcome irrespective of age, sex, race or nationality
- The course can be obtained at a reasonable price of Rs 40,000 INR
- Reasonable accommodation fee needs to be paid separately
- Easy payment method
A/C and non-A/C accommodations are available for the three weeks program and the candidates applying can select their accommodations according to their requirement and convenience. Basic facilities like television and internet are also available at a reasonable price. Accommodation will be provided near the training centre at the heart of the city to reduce the hassle of a lengthy commute.
Teaching and Learning Modes
- The course covers 3 weeks classroom session, covering 120 hours
- Course is conducted in major cities in the world
- Candidates will get Teaching Practice sessions in local schools
- Adequate Peer Teaching opportunities
Know your city - Pune
Pune, situated in the state of Maharashtra, India, is the eighth largest metropolitan economy of India. Pune is also known as India’s Motor City, with some of the internationally automobile companies setting up their Greenfield facilities near Pune, like Bajaj Auto, General Motors, Mercedes Benz, Volkswagen, and Force Motors. The city is also home to several renowned IT firms such as Infosys, TCS, and Capgemini, IBM, Rockwell Automation, Tech Mahindra, etc.
Often described as the “Oxford of the East”, Pune also has many renowned educational institutions and prestigious research centres in and around the city and has become a major education hub in the country.
Places in the city that attract tourists include Sinhagad Fort, PataleshwarAga Khan Palace, Shaniwar Wada, Chaturshringi Temple, etc. Visiting these historical places is a must if you are pursuing our TEFL program in Pune.
Completion of a TEFL course in Mumbai will provide the aspirant with a variety of career prospects across the world. ESL/ EFL teachers are highly in demand places like Thailand, Vietnam, China, Japan, South Korea, Middle East, Taiwan etc. In particular, EFL teachers are in high demand in Asian nations as the vacancy for English teachers is quite adequate. EFL teachers are paid good and handsome packages with added benefits. Depending on the country, teachers are often found to save part of their remuneration and lead a comfortable life as well. Teaching English overseas provides more opportunities than any other field for EFL teachers from all walks of life and all backgrounds to live, work and travel abroad in foreign countries across the globe.
Accreditation and Certification
- ACT TEFL courses are accredited by the world's largest TESOL accreditation body TESOL Canada & TESOL USA.
- All TEFL courses are accredited by International Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (QAHE)
- TEFL Courses from ACT are also accredited by CPD Certification Service UK
- All ACT courses are endorsed by NCC, an awarding organisation and a global provider of British education